Platform refers to: Our websites, mobile sites, mobile apps, e-mails or any other technology or medium and method you may use to interact with us.
We collect and receive information about you in the following ways:
1.1 Information you give us
This includes any information that you provide to us directly, whether through our Platforms or via e-mail, Phone, WhatsApp, Messenger, Facebook, Instagram, or any other medium, including information you give directly to us such as:
- Filling in e-forms on our Platforms when you sign-up for an account or when you subscribe or register to use our services on our Platforms
- When you enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey
- By posting comments or content on our Platforms
- When you purchase one of our products or services
- When you contact us and when you otherwise provide information directly to us
1.2 Information we collect or receive when you use our Platforms, products or services
We collect information when you use our Platforms or services by using cookies, web beacons and other technologies. Depending on how you access and use our Platforms, we may receive:
- Log information - such as information about your interactions with our Platforms and other services you use, the content you view and the search queries you submit
- Information we gather about you - based on your interaction with our products and services
- Device information - such as the type of device you’re using, how you access our Platforms, your browser or operating system and your Internet Protocol IP address
- Location information – such as your device’s GPS signal and information about nearby WiFi networks and cell towers. We get this information when you use location-enabled services
1.3 Information from third-party sources
We may receive information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine this with the information we have collected or received about you in other mediums. We may also receive information about you when you choose to connect with social networking services while using our Platforms.
Information we collect and receive is used for the following purposes:
2.1 To provide you with information, feedback and products or services you request from us.
2.2 To communicate with you directly or indirectly. We may want to notify you about changes to our Platforms or provide you with information about promotions or competitions, products or services that we feel may interest you.
2.3 To be effective and relevant in the products, feedback and services we provide you. We want to ensure that content from our Platforms is presented to you in the most accurate and effective manner for you and for the device you use. We also want to provide you with content that you are likely to find relevant in order to engage with us in these dialogues.
General information and rights:
- You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by using any of the various “opt-out” options that we will always provide to you when we communicate with you. By opting out of one distribution list, does not automatically remove you from all other lists.
- SobAlert Global Holdings Pty Ltd. is based in South Africa, and, regardless of where you use or access our Platforms, products, or services, your information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in South Africa, or elsewhere in the world.
Please note that any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with South African privacy laws, regulations and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our Platforms you consent to this “collection” transfer, storage and processing of information to and in South Africa.